The Holland Town Council met Wednesday July 11th:
- Held a public hearing on a proposed water tower grant application.
- Heard that the Holland Volunteer Fire Department may replace its Cass Township-supplied 2003 Freightliner pumper with a 2011 Freightliner with only 7,000 miles on the odometer. The cramped department is also doing preliminary scouting for a site for a new, larger fire station.
- Stated that a proposal to repave a section of Meridian Street after lines are replaced will be put on hold because of the expense this year of repairing main breaks.
- Discussed the need to repair or replace Town Marshal Ron Drew’s patrol vehicle: a Dodge Durango.
- Invited the public to Holland Commons at 6 p.m. Sunday, July 22, for Debbie Schuetter LIVE!, a performance hosted by the Holland Community Festival. Free-will donations will be taken.
The 30th Annual Holland Community Halloween Party will take place Monday, October 31st from 6:00 – 8:00 PM at the Holland Elementary Gym.
View the flyer for more details.
We’re pleased to announce our first annual Homebrew Competition will be a part of this year’s festivities. There will be four categories:
Dear Friend of Holland, Indiana, USA:
Our community is on the move! With an expanded day care, Four-Star School, American Legion Park Improvements, completion of the Kentucky Avenue project, business expansion and investment, and new homes being constructed around the town, Holland, Indiana, USA is gearing up just in time for our state’s bicentennial. With community wide excitement Holland Events, Inc. unveils an ambitious downtown project called Holland Commons. Planned for the corner of Main and Fourth Streets (next to the Holland Post Office), when completed Holland Commons will provide our downtown with character and allure like few small towns in our area. Please join us in making this project a reality. Continue reading