The Holland Town Council met Wednesday July 11th:
- Held a public hearing on a proposed water tower grant application.
- Heard that the Holland Volunteer Fire Department may replace its Cass Township-supplied 2003 Freightliner pumper with a 2011 Freightliner with only 7,000 miles on the odometer. The cramped department is also doing preliminary scouting for a site for a new, larger fire station.
- Stated that a proposal to repave a section of Meridian Street after lines are replaced will be put on hold because of the expense this year of repairing main breaks.
- Discussed the need to repair or replace Town Marshal Ron Drew’s patrol vehicle: a Dodge Durango.
- Invited the public to Holland Commons at 6 p.m. Sunday, July 22, for Debbie Schuetter LIVE!, a performance hosted by the Holland Community Festival. Free-will donations will be taken.